We sincerely want to thank everyone for your support of our mission team and upcoming (48 hours and counting) Ecuador trip. Whether it was/is through prayer, participation in fund-raisers, answers to the letter campaign or donations made to the many different events. We would not/could not be going now without it and you. You are as much a part of the team as those of us going to Ecuador. Please continue to pray for us as we travel and as we work with our brothers and sisters in Villaflora. That we might be a reflection of God's love and that we speak only the words God would want us to speak and follow and obey His will not out own!

We look forward to telling you all about it once we get home...how awesome it was and how we were each blessed during our time there! I know we will be blessed and humbled in ways we can only imagine!

Love from all of us to all of you!


Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday Night

I have finally got some more pictures posted! Today was a killer...we saw another 130 to 140 kids...almost everyone sick!!! We had (during the afternoon VBS) nothing but sick kids....screaming...crying...throwing up and going to the bathroom (both 1 and 2) on the floor....not my kind of day but they were at the right place....getting treated and hopefully well. Of course we all hope we do not catch anything! It was a difficult day but well worth it for the sake of the kids. It is heartbreaking to watch the little ones getting their teeth pulled and then the doctors probing and sticking...but again...so much better for them in the long run.

The construction was lighter today so most of us either did VBS or helped move the kids from doctor to dentist to VBS. That is where I met my buddy Estaban...he was the 1st and one of the only kids NOT sick....just look at his smile....I guess you can tell he didn't need the dentist either! The ones doing construction were moving dirt....doing the back fill on the wall once it was finished. I have posted a picture of the wall so you can see how tall and how long it was....we hauled and poured the concrete for the whole thing.

The week is flying by as it usually does when we are down here...tomorrow is about it! We fly out at 6am Saturday morning so it doesn't count. We bought a bunch of Sister to Sister jewelry and backpacks Wednesday...they are bringng more on tomorrow so we'll see!

Been a long hard day so signing off....talk to you soon...Love...s

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Can't seem to get the pictures to blow up so I can really see them. I miss ya'll!!! and the children of Atachucho? Hey it's late and I cna't even spell too good in english. Jim